Clinical Social Worker
Provides patient clinical therapy services to patients and families with addiction/substance use and psychiatric disorders. Conducts psychosocial assessments and provides treatment, as indicated in relation to substance use and psychiatric needs.
Screens and assesses patients as indicated for stage of change and readiness
Performs biopsychosocial assessment and diagnosis, formulates diagnosis, disposition, and treatment plans.
Advocates on behalf of patients and/or their families to gain access to services and resources.
Assist in discharge planning. Identify resources for referral, placement, and self-help groups
Provides risk management
Presents and/or discusses clinical work in formal and informal settings and seminars
· Participates in the development of formal and informal educational programs for the unit-based staff
· Develops educational programs within area of expertise
· Actively participates in performance improvement activities
· Facilitates patient movement through the system and efficient use of resources through interdepartmental collaboration
· Coordinates coverage for time off unit, time off, and off-hours
· Participates in orientation of new staff members as indicated.
· Responsible for own professional growth and maintenance of required credentials
· Maintains the standard and educational requirements specific to the position and licensure
· Identifies own learning needs and goals
· Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current health care practice/research
· Applies evidence-based research to practice
· Evaluates own practice and program effectiveness. Participates peer review process
· Evaluates current research findings for clinical specialty and determines applicability to unit practice
· Independently seeks physician and supervisor consultation
· Develops collegial relationships with referring PCPs and community providers
· Maintains current CPR certification
· Acts as role model for social service and support staff
· Seeks and is responsible for ongoing professional growth and development resulting in maintaining and securing active licensure
· Maintains an awareness of pertinent developments in the profession and in clinical practice
· Participates in at least one committee on an annual basis
· Attends unit staff meetings regularly
· Assumes any other tasks as delegated.
· Master of Social Work degree with current LICSW/LCSW
· Minimum two years’ experience in the Social Work Setting. Experience treating substance abuse disorders preferred.
· Must have a telephone.
· Demonstrate competence in specialized area related to:
· Counseling and management of patients with addictions and other psychiatric/mental health disorders.
· Use of the following interventional strategies:
· Brief/motivational interventions
· Individual, family, and group therapy
· Crisis management
· Case management